Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Day 68

It was difficult to update lately due to a lot of family coming and going and celebrating the holidays. I have experienced multiple days where my whole body is sore because I'm starting to use muscles that I never use such as the hamstring and abs and upper quad, etc. Not much has changed with my knee, I think my knee is healing exponentially and the drastic changes are starting to level off. I have been working out at the gym nearby my house and usually run at least a half of a mile in the pool and do some pool exercises. I usually swim a couple lengths without using my arms and doing a different kick each time. I then ride the bike for 10 to 20 minutes and then maybe do some ab work. My range of motion is at 142 degrees and I'm starting to gain some muscle back. I can do 145 pounds on the leg press but I know I can definitely do more but they are holding me back. I'm doing new exercises that challenge my strength and balance but I can see an improvement through the tests the physical therapist runs on this big machine that measures balance. I’ve been doing more core strength work. I hope to be able to run in the next week or two. I had x-rays on my wrist on Friday and the doctor said it is still broken and he ordered an MRI which I had done yesterday afternoon, in order to evaluate whether or not to have surgery. I'm just looking forward to the year 2008 to finish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi:

Is there a trick to reading your post? It's made up of strange and unreadable characters.

Molly