Sunday, November 30, 2008

Day 38

Day 38

During my physical therapy on Friday, I was able to bend my knee to 112 degrees. It took a while to get it to 112 because I was incredibly sore and stiff and I think it was due to 3 servings of turkey and extra gravy and a plateful of mashed potatoes, stuffing, rolls, cranberry's, casserole and mashed sweet potatoes and of course some champagne and wine! The swelling has gone down a lot which is a great sign but there is still room for improvement. I'm looking forward to go back to school in order to get my brace unlocked so I can bend my knee when I walk. Sometimes while I'm just in the house I don't wear my brace at all. I don't have any pain walking around and only very minor pain going up stairs and a bit more pain going down stairs but everyday has been getting better.
It has been a great week in Chicago and I'm not too excited to go back to school and take my final exams before the holidays but only 2 weeks of school before I'm a senior in college and about a month until I'm 21 years old!

1 comment:

Jai said...

Did they not issue you a Jack pcl brace month after op?? How quickly did you start walking mate?? I'm 70 degrees no pain two crutches 4 weeks post op